Want to learn how to cook like a celebrity? Everyone from Freddie Prinze Jr. to Oprah Winfrey to Gwyneth Paltrow have branched out into the culinary world and added the title of “cookbook author” to their resume. Apparently not all celebrities have private chefs and they are willing to share their cooking secrets with you! Musicians, actors and TV personalities divulge their favorite recipes, stories and secrets in their cookbooks, what’s not to love?
Here are 13 cookbooks from celebrities moonlighting as chefs you should check out. Find a favorite recipe? Our librarians would be more than willing to sample anything you bring in. ;)
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (I Know What You Did Last Summer, She's All That, Scooby-Doo)
“Back to the Kitchen: 75 Delicious, Real Recipes (& True Stories) from a Food-Obsessed Actor”
- Oprah Winfrey (Talk show host, actress and philanthropist)
“Food, Health, and Happiness: 115 On-Point Recipes for Great Meals and a Better Life”
- Gwyneth Paltrow (Se7en, Shakespeare in Love, Shallow Hal)
“It's All Easy: Delicious Weekday Hacks for the Super-Busy Home Cook”
- Stanley Tucci (Hunger Games, The Lovely Bones, Spotlight)
“The Tucci Cookbook”
- Kris Jenner (Keeping up with the Kardashians)
“In the Kitchen with Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites”
- Chrissy Teigen (Model and social media vixen)
“Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat”
- Trisha Yearwood (Country singer)
“Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends”
- Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time, Touched by an Angel, Hot in Cleveland)
“One Dish at a Time: Delicious Recipes and Stories from My Italian-American Childhood and Beyond”
- Patti LaBelle (Singer, author, actress and entrepreneur)
“Patti LaBelle's Lite Cuisine”
- Alton Brown (TV personality, food show presenter)
“Alton Brown: Every Day Cook”
- Kay Robertson (Duck Dynasty)
“Miss Kay's Duck Commander Kitchen: Faith, Family, and Food--Bringing Our Home to Your Table”
- Mayim Bialik (Big Bang Theory)
“Mayim's Vegan Table: More than 100 Great-Tasting and Healthy Recipes from My Family to Yours”
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cruel Intentions, The Grudge)
“Stirring Up Fun with Food: Over 100 Amazing and Easy Food Crafting Projects”
Erin is a librarian at the Clark Pleasant Branch. She’s been a voracious reader since the age of three and is a bit of a book junkie. She is involved in five book clubs and publishes book reviews in SOUTH Magazine, Library Journal and online. Erin also co-leads JCPL’s Stout Stories book discussion. Erin will read just about anything: young adult, fantasy, romance, microhistories, thrillers, you name it. She loves helping people find that perfect book.
Join the conversation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up to Receive 'Now You Know'