How You Can Help the Friends of JCPLIf you are passionate about making your local Johnson County Public Library an invaluable resource to the community, then consider becoming a member of the Friends of JCPL!
The Friends of JCPL are part of the Johnson County Public Library Foundation. The Friends’ work provides extra resources and boosts support for library programming. The funds raised by contributions to the Friends and the JCPL book sales support Library programs and events.
There are two ways to become a Friends member:
Members of The Friends work to support:
- Summer Learning Program prizes and special events
- Giveaways at Fairs and Festivals to promote the library
- Craft materials at a variety of programs
- Supplies to celebrate National Library Week, National Library Card Month and Children's Book Week
Choose the Friends as your supporting charity and you’ll be giving while you shop!
In addition to donating and volunteering, you can support the Friends of JCPL while you shop. Kroger will make contributions to the Friends of JCPL when you designate it as your preferred charity.
You can help the Friends support the library when you use your Kroger Plus Card! Once you've enrolled and shop at Kroger with your Kroger Plus Card, the Friends will earn rewards that translate to CASH to support programs at the library.
You’ll continue to receive your Kroger discounts and points. If you do not have Kroger Plus Card, they are available at the Kroger Service Desk in store. If you do, just follow the steps below.
1. Go to Kroger.com/communityrewards
2. Sign in or create an account
3. Click Enroll Now
4. Type “Friends of Johnson County Public Library CY705” in the search box.
5. Click Enroll Now and you’re finished!
6. At point of purchase, you must use your Kroger Plus Card that is related for your purchases to count. Purchases will not count if the card is not registered.
How can you get involved to help build stronger library programs?
Hear from current members of the Friends who explain more about the organization and its influence in the community.