An important goal at Johnson County Public Library is to connect children with educational, informational, and recreational resources and opportunities. We hope you find this website (our Virtual Branch) a helpful tool for you in that journey!
Resources - Here is a sampling of what your local branch might have:
- Game computers for children age 12 and under. No need for a library card on this computer! Kids hop on for half hour sessions to play, listen to stories and songs, and interact with fun and educational computer games. Computers even have colorful keyboards and headphones just right for kids.
- Puzzles, stuffed animals, puppets, games such as Legos or checkers
- Colorful bulletin boards, friendly characters, a big hand chair, comfy place to read, and child-like atmosphere
- Bookmarks, free for the taking
- A librarian eager and happy to connect your child with a great book!
- Much, much more!
The Collection - Here is a sampling of some items in our collection:
- Board books, picture books, early readers, in-between chapter books, novels, graphic novels, series, non-fiction, biographies, poetry, fairy tales
- Audio books on cassette tape or CD for picture books through chapter books
- Parent/Teacher Collection: books on supporting children's education and enhancing parenting skills
- Early Literacy Kits on various subjects containing manipulatives, games, puzzles, puppets, books, CDs, and many more options for ages 0 to 5
- Music CDs, CD-Roms, Braille books
- Reference books and online databases
- Science fair project books
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries that can be checked out
- Newbery Medal titles, Caldecott Medal titles, Young Hoosier Award nominees
- Entertaining and educational DVDs and video cassette tapes
- Much, much more!
Programming - Find out more information about specific programs on our Calendar of Events. Register for programs after finding out date, time, location, ages, and description. Programs planned by librarians are diverse. Examples include book discussions, movies, storytelling, crafts, cooking, science, reader dogs, travel club, readers' theater, holidays, Summer Reading, and Winter Reading. Except for some special events, programs at the library are free!
Children's Services Managers - Contact these librarians for further information about materials and programs for children.
Tiffany D. Wilson, Clark Pleasant Branch
Sarah Taylor, Franklin Branch
Todd Jones, Trafalgar Branch
Beth Martin Yates, White River Branch