This is Johnson County Public Library's webpage for teens. We'll keep you updated on all the newest books, graphic novels, magazines, movies, CDs and more! Be sure to take a look at our online event calendar to see upcoming teen programs and other events. We have links and information to help you with homework, life, jobs and your future plans. Plus fun stuff!
2016 Teen Film Festival
Congratulations to all of the creative teen filmmakers who were recognized at the 7th Annual Teen Film Festival. Our 2016 winners:
To see all of the festival submissions, visit the Teen Film Festival YouTube channel.
Teens' Top Ten
The 2016 Teens' Top Ten nominees have been announced! Every year teens vote on their favorite books of the year and the results are compiled by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA). The Teens' Top Ten homepage has book trailers for all the finalists, downloadable lists from past years, and much more. Check out last year's Top Ten below - click a title for more information or to place a hold.
Many of these titles are also available for free checkout in e-book format via Cloud Library - just click the link, sign in with your library card number and check out or place a hold on the title. Then download the app to your PC, e-reader, or mobile device and enjoy! Visit our Digital Content homepage for more information about library e-books.
2015 Teens' Top Ten
1. The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen
2. I Become Shadow by Joe Shine
3. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
4. My Life With the Walter Boys by Ali Novak (available as an e-book)
5. Heir of Fire by Sara J. Maas (also available as an e-book)
6. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare (also available as an e-book)
7. The Young Elites by Marie Lu (also available as an e-book)
8. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
9. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
10. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
Teen Services Librarians
Erin Cataldi, Clark Pleasant Branch
Kalen Jones, Franklin Branch
Annemarie Wallace, Trafalgar Branch
Erin Kirchhoff, White River Branch