Johnson County Public Library offers Book Discussion Sets for checkout. Sets include multiple copies of the same book for use by a book discussion group.
KitKeeper -- New!
You are now able to browse, reserve and borrow book Adult and Teen discussion sets yourself with KitKeeper software. Click on the Welcome/Help link for more information!
REserve an Adult/Teen Book Discussion Set
We currently offer an assortment of titles for children, teens and adults. Keep checking back to see what we've added to our growing collection.
Book Discussion Sets for Children
How many copies are available?
Quantities vary per title. Please see list.
Who may borrow these books?
Anyone with a valid Johnson County Public Library Card.
- Please give the library one to two weeks notice before the books are needed.
- You may reserve a set up to one year in advance.
- The loan period for the discussion sets is 8 weeks.
- Books and bookbags not returned will be charged to the cardholder's account.
- If you need to cancel your request, please contact any library branch or click the "My Kits" link in KitKeeper.
Where else can I obtain book sets?
Indiana Humanities loans book discussion sets for more than 550 titles as part of their Novel Conversations program. Interested patrons can use the reservation system to request sets up to two years in advance. Book discussion sets will be delivered to a JCPL branch location for pickup.
Check out Book Club selections and recommendations from Hoopla
I'd like to join a book discussion group.
All JCPL branches host one or more monthly book discussion groups. For more information about upcoming book discussions at the library, visit our Book Discussion events page.