Borrow a Book Discussion Set
Johnson County Public Library offers Book Discussion Sets for checkout. Sets include multiple copies of the same book for use by a book discussion group.
What titles are available?
We currently offer an assortment of titles for children, teens and adults. Keep checking back to see what we've added to our growing collection. For the list of book discussion sets, please ask at any reference desk or click the link for the age range you are interested in:
How many copies are available?
Quantities vary per title. Please see list.
Who may borrow these books?
Anyone with a valid Johnson County Public Library Card.
What is the procedure for borrowing a book set?
Just visit your local branch, or contact Melanie Johnson, Collection Services Manager at 738-3133 or email@example.com.
- Please give the library one to two weeks notice before the books are needed.
- The loan period for the discussion sets is 8 weeks.
- Fees will be assessed on all books and bookbags not returned by due date. See fines & fees.
- Books and bookbags not returned will be charged to the cardholder's account.
- If you need to cancel your request, please contact any library branch.
Where else can I obtain book sets?
Indiana Humanities loans book discussion sets for more than 550 titles as part of their Novel Conversations program. Interested patrons can use the reservation system to request sets up to two years in advance. Book discussion sets will be delivered to a JCPL branch location for pickup.
Check out Book Club selections and recommendations from Hoopla
I'd like to join a book discussion group.
All JCPL branches host one or more monthly book discussion groups. For more information about upcoming book discussions at the library, visit our Book Discussion webpage.