Why are we using Beanstack for Explore Summer?Beanstack allows you to:
· Keep track of each family member's reading logs, activities, and rewards on one account.
· Log reading from home or on the go.
· See recommended Explore Summer events at the library and register right from the site
· Read and write book reviews of the books you read!
· Explore book lists and create a “wish list” of things you’d like to read in the future.
- Sign up on our site at https://jcpl.beanstack.org
- Click on Register an Individual or Family
- Everyone is encouraged to participate-- Parents/Guardians, start by registering yourself and filling out the required fields. You will be listed as the "Account Creator".
- Please choose Adult as the Grade Level for those 19+.
- You'll then be prompted to enter information for your spouse/other adults in your family and then children as Readers.
- Register for the Summer Learning Program. Note: if you have children age 5 and under, they will also be eligible to participate in the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program.
- You're now ready to Explore Summer!
- Click the Log Reading and Activities button in the upper left corner of your screen. Choose Minutes as the logging type.
- The calendar defaults to the current day but can be changed if you wish to track specific days you/your family read.
- You can log reading time in minutes or hours. Ex: 3h, 20m. You can log for an individual reader or for everyone at the same time--choose All Readers under "Select the Profile".
- You have the option of entering the Title and Author and submitting Book Reviews from here as well. (To submit a Picture Review, use the "Add a Review" button at the top of the screen.)
- You will earn a virtual badge when you reach the 5 hour and 10 hour levels. Keep reading all summer to help us reach our 35,000 hour Community Reading Goal and earn additional Eager Reader virtual badges.
- Visit the library to redeem your prizes!
1. Click the Log Reading and Activities button in the upper left corner of your screen. Choose Activities as the logging type.
2. Click the Learning Track for the Current Week. (Activities for future weeks will be listed but remain inactive until the start date for that particular week.)--Starts June 3rd.
3. Check-mark the boxes of the activities that each individual reader completed. Complete at least three to earn the weekly virtual badge.
4. Visit the library to redeem your prizes!
Other Beanstack Features
- Programs: shows programs available for the Reader (based on age).
- Badges: shows earned badges when you have completed achievements in a program.
- Reviews: shows the peer/age-appropriate reviews that you and other library patrons have written.
- Wish List: shows books the Reader would like to read which are added from book lists.
- The Log: shows what books (number of books/minutes, title, and author) the Reader has logged.
- Switch Readers: Allows for easy switching between all Reader accounts.
- Personalize: Edit information, email notifications, or deactivate a reader’s account.