Computers & Printing
Wireless Printing – print from home, work, or your personal laptop at the library with our wireless printing service.
Wi-Fi Access – use the library’s free wireless internet on your laptop or mobile device.
How to Use Library Computers:
- Find an available computer.
- On the Welcome Screen, enter your entire library card number without spaces (found on the back of your library card beneath the barcode.) NOTE: It is against library policy to log on with someone else's card. Enter your PIN (the last 4 digits of your library card number, unless you have changed it). Click OK.
- Read the Computer Use Policy and click Accept the Policy, if you understand, or Cancel, if you have questions. Click on the icon at the bottom of the screen to start the desired program or choose the JCPL databases icon on the desktop to access our electronic resources.
- Each session is one hour. The session timer will keep track of your time on the computer and will give you warnings as you get toward the end of your session.
- If you need more than an hour and the computers are less than 80% full, your session will automatically refresh for another hour. Please save your work to an online file storage service or on a portable storage device periodically, to prevent data loss. JCPL is not responsible for lost data.
- If people are waiting to use the computers, and your session is over, your computer will be assigned to the next person on the waiting list.
How much does it cost to photocopy or print?
Letter (8 1/2" x 11") and legal (8 1/2" x 14") B&W copies are 10 cents
Letter (8 1/2" x 11") and legal (8 1/2" x 14") Color copies are 25 cents
Tabloid (11" x 17") B&W copies are 20 cents
Tabloid (11" x 17") Color copies are 50 cents