Board Games at JCPL
Take one home tonight
JCPL is delighted to offer a new collection of board games you can check out, take home and play with friends and family!
Games can be checked out for three weeks at a time, and can be renewed if there is no holds list.
Each branch has 10 different games available for checkout:
- Animal Upon Animal - Players race each other to be the first to place all of their wooden animals upon the animal pile before any of the other players. (For 2 to 4 players, ages 4 and up. Playing time: 15 minutes.) [Visit publisher's site]
- Codenames - Two rival spymasters know the secret identities of 25 agents. Their teammates know the agents only by their codenames. The teams compete to see who can make contact with all of their agents first. (For 2 to 8+ players, ages 14 and up. Playing time: 15 minutes.) [Visit publisher's site]
- Concept - Players use the icons on the game board to convey words or phrases to each other without using sound or speech. (For 4 to 12+ players, ages 10 and up. Playing time: 40 minutes.) [Visit publisher's site]
- Kodama: The Tree Spirits - Grow your tree by placing cards in clever arrangements, being careful to leave room for future growth. At the end of each season, one Kodama will award you points for how well your tree suits its needs. (For 2 to 5 players, all ages. Playing time: 20 minutes.) [Visit publisher's site]
- Morels - The woods are old-growth, dappled with sunlight. Delicious mushrooms beckon from every grove and hollow. Morels may be the most sought-after in these woods, but there are many tasty and valuable varieties awaiting the savvy collector. (For 2 players, ages 10 and up. Playing time: 30 minutes.) [Visit publisher's site]
- Pandemic - Can you save humanity in this cooperative game where deadly viruses are spreading across the globe? Together, you will treat diseases, share knowledge, and fly all over the world to prevent outbreaks and slow down the epidemic. The fate of humanity is in your hands! (For 2-4 players, ages 13 and up. Playing time: 60 minutes.) [Visit publisher's site]
- Patchwork - To create a beautiful quilt, however, requires effort and time, but the available patches just do not want to fit together. So choose your patches carefully and keep a healthy supply of buttons to not only finish your quilt, but to make it better and more beautiful than your opponent‘s. (For 2 players, ages 8 to 15+. Playing time: 15 minutes.) [Visit publisher's site]
- Settlers of Catan - Picture yourself in the era of discoveries: after a long voyage of great deprivation, your ships have finally reached the coast of an uncharted island. Its name shall be Catan! But you are not the only discoverer. Other fearless seafarers have also landed on the shores of Catan: the race to settle the island has begun! (For 3 to 4 players, ages 10 and up. Playing time: 60 minutes) [Visit publisher's site]
- Sushi Go! - In this fast-playing card game, the goal is to grab the best combination of sushi dishes as they whiz by. Score points for making the most maki rolls or for collecting a full set of sashimi. Dip your favorite nigiri in wasabi to triple its value. But be sure to leave room for dessert or else you’ll eat into your score! Gather the most points and consider yourself the sushi master! (For 2 to 5 players, ages 8 and up. Playing time: 15 minutes) [Visit publisher's site]
- Ticket to Ride - Ticket to Ride is a cross-country train adventure in which players collect and play matching train cards to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. (For 2 to 5 players, ages 8 and up. Playing time: 30-60 minutes.) [Visit publisher's site]