Jobs & Careers                    Legal                   Food Assistance         Housing Assistance     Family & Domestic

Senior Resources          Other Resources

COVID-19 Resources and Vaccine Information

Indiana COVID-19 Vaccine Registration

Johnson County Health Department

State Department of Health

Need assistance making an appointment? JCPL can help!

United Way of Johnson County Economic Assistance Plan- Navigating COVID-19
Available to Johnson County residents. Have you or a family member been affected by COVID-19? Have you lost your job? Been furloughed or laid-off? Death of household member due to COVID-19? Find out how we can help you through this very difficult time. Call 317-738-4636 Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 pm.

I lost my job. Where can I get help?

  • WorkOne Franklin
    Career center helping job seekers connect to the right resources to meet their particular need.

I need legal advice. Where can I get help?

I need food assistance. Where can I get help?

  • The Lord's Locker
    P.O. Box 327
    106 E. Pearl Street, Trafalgar, IN
    Faith-based organization providing food, clothing and household items to residents of Johnson, Morgan and Brown counties; a picture ID and Social Security numbers for all family members is required.

I need housing assistance. Where can I get help?

  • Human Services, Inc.
    Organization that offers various services to meet the basic needs of individuals from Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson, Johnson and Shelby counties.
  • Dayspring Center
    Resource center located in Indianapolis offers 24-hour emergency housing for those facing a crisis situation, as well as case management and long-term housing to address needs more deeply.

I am having problems at home. Where can I get help?

  • Turning Point Domestic Violence Services
    812-379-5575, ext. 110
    25-bed emergency shelter serving Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson, Johnson and Shelby counties, offering 24-hour crisis helpline, outreach, prevention education, legal services and a children’s program.
  • The Julian Center
    Center aimed at empowering survivors of domestic and sexual violence through their many services, including a 24-hour helpline, safety planning, transitional housing, shelter and much more.
  • Abuse Awareness and Accountability
    Abuse Awareness and Accountability is a highly specialized behavior awareness and modification program that began over 20 years ago as a domestic violence Batterers Intervention Program (BIP).
    A program in Johnson County that is dedicated to serving any person directly or indirectly affected by sexual, domestic, and physical violence. 
  • Safe Place
    Youth ages 7 to 17 that are having trouble at home, facing a crisis, or who may be in danger can seek help through Safe Place. Call 1-866-738-KIDS OR (317) 738-3273 or go anywhere you see the yellow and black Safe Place logo. These locations have people trained to connect you to help. Some examples of locations include: post offices, banks, fire stations, libraries, fast food restaurants, and convenience stores.

I am a senior in need of assistance. Where can I find help?

  • Johnson County Volunteer Advocates for Seniors and Incapacitated Adults (VASIA)
    Vasia is a team of volunteer advocates who help seniors and incapacitated adults in need achieve the highest degree of independence, while also assisting them in gaining the greatest degree of health, comfort and safety. 
  • Johnson County Senior Services

    Johnson County Senior Services is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that offers transportation for Johnson County residents 60 and older at NO CHARGE. Service is Door-To-Door, Wheelchair Accessible transportation. They also offer Durable Medical Equipment and maintain a Food pantry of nonperishable items and household items.

I am in need of mental health assistance. Where can I get help?

Other Resources:

  • 211
    Free and confidential service whose goal is to put anyone with a need in touch with the appropriate local resource, including food, housing and utility assistance. Veteran services are also available.
  • Aunt Bertha - The Social Care Network
    Search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more.

  • Better Together
    Better Together is a partnership of organizations creating COMMUNITY for Johnson County residents to stay mentally and physically healthy through the next few months as we navigate life together. You will find ways to stay connected within our communities throughout this website during this challenging time.

  • Family & Social Services Administration
    State agency that offers assistance with a broad spectrum of services, including disability services, aging services, Medicaid assistance, mental health and addictions services and more.

  • Find A Healthcare Navigator
    A certified navigator can assist you with the process to apply for your health insurance. You may work with a navigator in any county in Indiana.

  • Helpline of Johnson County
    Information and referral service that provides phone numbers, contact information and guidance to social services resources. Available for Johnson County residents needing help with food, medical, housing, etc. 
    Download the Helpline Brochure