RBdigital audiobooks are now available in the Libby app through Overdrive
OverDrive has acquired Recorded Books/RBdigital, so the JCPL RBdigital audiobook collection have been migrated to OverDrive. You will continue to be able to browse, borrow, and enjoy all the same great audiobooks you loved in the RBdigital app using the Libby app.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you currently have a book checked out in the RBdigital app, it will be available through the remainder of the lending period, so you can finish your title without disruption or risk of losing your place in the book.
HOW TO INSTALL AND USE THE LIBBY APP1. Click the "Get Started with Libby" link from the RBdigital app to Download the mobile Libby app for iOS or Android or read online at libbyapp.com.
2. Enter "Johnson County Public Library" in the "I'll Search for a Library" field.
3. Tap on "Enter Library Account Details" and enter your library barcode. Tap Next.
4. In the upper right corner, you can set and Manage Your Notifications (for loan periods and holds)
5. You're now ready to Explore (Browse) or Search for Audiobooks.
6. Audiobooks can be checked out for 21 days and will return automatically. Titles can be returned early, so you can borrow as many as you'd like!
7. Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline.
*If you have a device that's not compatible with Libby, you can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.*
Access to RBdigital Magazines, ArtistWorks and Transparent Language will still be accessible through the RBdigital app during the transition. Please check this page and our social media outlets for more updates. You may export your Transaction History from the RBdigital website by accessing My Account > Profiles at https://johnsoncoin.rbdigital.com/profile
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Virtual Services Manager.