Hoopla @ JCPL
Download Movies, Music, Television, Audiobooks, E-books & Comics
Access over 950,000 movies, television shows, music albums, audiobooks, e-books and comics, all available for mobile and online access through a partnership with hoopla digital – all you need is a valid library card!
Help With Hoopla
Need help using Hoopla?
Use our Ask a Librarian service for personalized assistance.
Welcome to hoopla Flex Borrows: Our digital collection just got better!
You now have even more to love about your Johnson County Public Library digital collection on hoopla.
In addition to the 8 hoopla Instant borrows you receive each month, you now will have 8 hoopla Flex borrows you can use on specially marked hoopla Flex Audiobooks.
- 8 Instant Borrows
- 8 Flex Borrows (AUDIOBOOKS ONLY)
- Up to 10 holds
- Renew up to 4 times (if no other patrons are waiting)
- 72 hour grace period to check out available holds
With hoopla Flex titles you will find new and popular audiobooks that you can borrow now or place on hold to read later. Unlike the Instant Borrows you receive each month, Flex Borrows don’t have any monthly expirations. Each Flex title you Borrow is available for 21 days and if you run out of Flex Borrows, you can just return a checked-out Flex item and borrow another title.
Have other questions about how this expanded version of hoopla works? Watch the video below or access the Help section.
A better borrowing and reading eBook experience
Quick-changing landscape view
By popular demand we have added a new landscape view to make the eBook reading experience even easier on a larger screen.
Find just what you are looking for with our new Enhanced Search with added context.
Innovative Vertical Scrolling mode
Take a break from page-swiping! Readers can simply scroll through the pages in the book with their finger. We have also introduced speedier page scrolling - easily skim any book!
NEW! Highlights & Notes Features
Perfect for students and lifelong learners! This new feature should enhance online book clubs and homeschooling on hoopla.
Expanded formatting options
More text styling, fonts, page colors, and page formatting options than ever.
JCPL card holders can download the free hoopla digital mobile app on their Android or iOS device or visit hoopladigital.com to begin enjoying thousands of titles – from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers – available to borrow for instant streaming or temporary downloading to their smartphones, tablets and computers.
hoopla digital has a simple sign-up and attractive, easy-to-use interface, so it’s easy to get to your listening and viewing experience. There’s also no waiting to borrow popular movies, TV shows, albums, audiobooks, e-books, or comics. And hoopla digital’s automatic return feature eliminates late fees.
To access the system on your mobile device, you will need to first download the FREE hoopla digital app from the App Store on your Android or iOS device. There is no need to download an app or extension for your internet browser.
Once you have downloaded the app to your device(s) and/or clicked on the hoopla digital link on our website, you will be prompted to enter your email address, a password, and your library card number. The system will validate that you are in good standing with the library, so that you may begin to browse, borrow, and enjoy the content.
Come see what all the hoopla’s about:
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browsers (IE 8+, Firefox 12+, Safari 5+, Chrome 19+).
- When using hoopla you will be able to begin streaming the content immediately. You can also download content to mobile devices to view at a later date (in case you won’t have Wi-Fi on that camping trip).
- You will be allowed to borrow 8 instant titles each month and 8 flex audiobook borrows at a time.
- Video lends for 72 hours
- Music lends for 7 days
- E-books, Comics, and Audiobooks lend for 21 days
- You are able to access (view/listen to) borrowed content as often as you want during the checkout period and you can return any borrowed title whenever you want.