Johnson County Public Library Explore Summer Bookmark Contest 2023
View The Winning Entries
Posted by: Johnson County Public Library | Friday, May 19, 2023
Do you have a great bookmark idea? Show us what you’ve got! Kids in grades K-12 and Ages 18 and up can design a bookmark and enter it in JCPL’s summer bookmark contest. Winning designs will be printed and distributed in the fall at JCPL Branches. Submit your bookmark design June 1-June 30, 2023.
1. One entry per person.
2. Entries will be considered only when we have the completed and signed registration form.
a. Printed entry forms are available at our reference desks.
b. Completed entry forms may be returned to the reference desk at any of the four JCPL Branches.
3. Bookmark design must be completely original work. Nothing previously published will be accepted. Popular figures (ex. Superman, Disney, etc.) cannot be considered due to copyright restrictions.
4. Bookmarks must be designed with the theme “Explore Summer.” Books and/or reading should be included.
5. Bookmarks can be created in color or black and white.
6. Bookmarks will be accepted beginning June 1, 2023 through 6:00 p.m., June 30, 2023. Entries cannot be returned after judging.
7. Bookmarks not suitable for the general public will not be eligible. JCPL has discretion in deciding what is suitable.
8. Parent or guardian must sign the release form for participants under the age of 18.
9. Entries will be judged according to the grade the child will be entering in the 2023-2024 school year. Categories are Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12 and ages 18 and up. There will be two winners in each category.
10. Johnson County Public Library staff will judge. Submissions will be judged on originality, theme, and creativity.
11. Winning entries will be printed and available at JCPL Branches in the fall.
Need some inspiration? Click here to see bookmark contest winners.