Enter the Design a Bookmark Contest
Posted by: Johnson County Public Library | Monday, May 21, 2018
The Summer Learning Program is in full swing and the Children’s Bookmark Contest has returned for 2018! Kids in Grades K-8 are invited to submit their bookmark designs between June 1 and July 20, 2018.
The following are the official rules for the Design a Bookmark Contest:
1. Only one entry per child.
2. Entries will be considered only when we have the completed and signed registration form.
a. Entry forms are available to download and print (see above). Printed entry forms are available at our reference desks.
b. Completed entry forms may be returned to the reference desk at any of the four JCPL branches.
3. Bookmark design must be completely original work. Nothing previously published will be accepted. Popular figures (ex. Superman, Disney, etc.) cannot be considered due to copyright restrictions.
4. Bookmarks must be based on the theme “Explore Summer.” Books and/or reading should be included.
5. Bookmarks can be created in color or black and white.
6. Bookmarks will be accepted beginning June 1, 2018 through 6:00 p.m., July 20, 2018. Entries cannot be returned after judging.
7. Bookmarks not suitable for the general public will not be eligible. JCPL has discretion in deciding what is suitable.
8. Parent or guardian must sign the release form.
9. Entries will be judged according to the grade the child will be entering in the 2018-2019 school year. Categories are K-2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6-8. There will be four winners in each category.
10. Johnson County Public Library staff will judge. Submissions will be judged on originality, theme, and creativity.
11. All judges’ decisions are final.
12. Winning entries will be printed and available at JCPL branches in the fall.
Need some inspiration? Click here to see last year’s bookmark contest winners.