Enter the Design a Bookmark Contest
Posted by: Johnson County Public Library | Monday, November 9, 2020
The Children’s Bookmark Contest has returned for 2020! Kids in Grades K-8 are invited to submit their bookmark designs November 9-30, 2020.
The following are the official rules for the Design a Bookmark Contest:
1. Only one entry per child.
2. Entries will be considered only when we have the completed and signed Registration Form.
a. Entry forms are available to download and print. Printed entry forms are available at our reference desks.
b. Completed entry forms may be returned to the reference desk at any of the four JCPL branches.
3. Bookmark design must be completely original work. Nothing previously published will be accepted. Popular figures (ex. Superman, Disney, etc.) cannot be considered due to copyright restrictions.
4. Books and/or reading should be included in the design in honor of Children's Book Week.
5. Bookmarks can be created in color or black and white.
6. Bookmarks will be accepted beginning Nov 9, 2020 through November 30, 2020. Entries cannot be returned after judging.
7. Bookmarks not suitable for the general public will not be eligible. JCPL has discretion in deciding what is suitable.
8. Parent or guardian must sign the release form.
9. Categories are K-2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6-8. Children ages Birth-5 can participate too! There will be four winners in each category.
10. Johnson County Public Library staff will judge. Submissions will be judged on originality, theme, and creativity.
11. All judges’ decisions are final.
12. Winning entries will be printed and available at JCPL branches.
Need some inspiration? Click here to see last year’s bookmark contest winners.