Complete walking activities to earn virtual badges and prizes!
October 4-October 31, 2021
WALKtober is a great opportunity for our community to become more active. With fall temperatures and vibrant colors, October is ideal for walking in Johnson County! This October, we encourage you to walk anywhere, everywhere, for any reason or no reason at all. Open to Johnson County Residents and people who work in Johnson County (Indiana).
How Do I Sign Up?
- Beginning October 4, sign up at jcpl.beanstack.org. You will use this account to log your walking activities in order to qualify for prizes. You can keep track of each family member's activities on one account. What's Beanstack?
- Returning Beanstack Users: If you have participated in any JCPL reading program (Explore Summer/Winter or 1000BBK), you already have a Beanstack account. Log in at jcpl.beanstack.org or download the Beanstack Tracker mobile app to enroll in WALKtober.
- To use the mobile app: once you're registered/signed in, tap the purple plus + sign, choose activity, choose the reader/family member and then mark off the activities that were completed for the current week.
- Please Contact Us if you cannot remember how to access your account--please do not create a new one!
How Does It Work?
- You can log and track your walking/physical activities--just check mark the boxes next to the ones you've completed for the current week. Prefer to track on paper?
Print the activities
- We have created a calendar with a variety of walking challenges: Visit a local walking trail, walk with a friend and track your miles and minutes of activity!
- Complete at least three of the weekly activities to earn a virtual badge and be eligible for that week's prize drawing.
- If you complete at least three of the WALKtober weekly challenges, you will be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing.
- Tag social media photos with #JoCoWALKtober to show us where you are walking.
What Prizes Can I Earn?
- Weekly wellness-themed prizes will be provided by our sponsoring and partnering organizations.
- The Grand Prize Drawing is a new Fitbit!
- Prizes can be picked up at Festival Country at 66 S Water St., Franklin, IN.
*Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program or new physical activity.*
Health ResourcesFranciscan Health
Johnson Memorial Wellness Services
Partnership for a Healthier Johnson County
Purdue University Extension