If you or someone you know lacks reliable internet access and the technology to use the internet, there are resources available that may reduce the cost and get you online at an affordable rate. Each JCPL branch offers trained staff members, Digital Navigators, who can assist patrons with overcoming internet and technology obstacles.
Digital Navigators can help residents:
- Research reliable, low-cost internet service
- Find discount devices
- Become digitally literate
- Access computer software training
- Borrow a Mobile Hot Spot
- Check eligibility to borrow a Mobile Laptop Kit
They can also help you navigate online social services including food support, rent, education, employment, childcare, government benefits and more.
Currently, there is a unique, low-cost internet option available to eligible persons, and Digital Navigators can help guide patrons through the application process. Learn about this program here.
Ask to speak to a Digital Navigator at a JCPL branch or complete this form to request more information.
Get Internet Access
Find Discount Devices
- PCs for People: Shop refurbished desktops, laptops and internet accessories.
PCs for People has distributed over 150,000 computers since 1998. Through this site, we are proud to offer quality refurbished desktops, laptops, internet and accessories to thousands of individuals and non-profits.
- Human-I-T: Learn about affordable internet connection options.
Access Free Digital Literacy Training
- LinkedIn Learning: Watch training videos for Microsoft Office, Photoshop, web design and more.
- Gale Courses: Enroll in six-week interactive classes.
GCFLearnFree.org: Access lessons and videos about computer skills and software.
DigitalLearn.org: Practice computer skills with self-directed tutorials.
Techboomers: Learn basic computer skills (for older adults).
Google Applied Digital Skills: Watch video lessons to develop workplace computer skills.
Digital Literacy Toolkit: Develop digital literacy from Microsoft Office to resume writing.
Check out JCPL Resources
- Mobile Laptop Kits: Borrow a Chromebook laptop, mobile hot spot and a wireless mouse.
- Mobile Hot Spot: Access the internet at home and on the go.
JCPL’s Digital Equity Vision Statement
To achieve digital equity in Johnson County by connecting community members with options for internet access, affordable devices, digital skills training and technical support. This will ensure Johnson County residents have the necessary tools to support education, health, economic prosperity, overall well-being and the ability to fully participate in society.