JCPL Branches Return to Curbside Service
Computers Are Available for Use by AppointmentThis response plan was updated on December 9, 2020.
As COVID-19 continues to rapidly spread around our state and communities, the Johnson County Public Library has modified in-person services. All four branches will offer service via Curbside JCPL-to-Go, as Grab and Go browsing is currently unavailable. In addition to curbside service, the branches will offer computer services by appointment with a 30-minute time limit. Masks covering mouth and nose are required during the entirety of the time in the building.
Curbside and computer services will be available:
Monday to Thursday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
NEW SERVICE: JCPL-to-Your-DoorUnable to come to the library due to illness, disability or quarantine? No problem: JCPL will come to you! Click here to read about our contactless delivery option.
We’ll continue to offer document services (copying, printing, scanning, faxing) via Curbside JCPL-to-Go for no contact delivery of your requested material. Need to send a print job? Click here
Grab and Go browsing is currently unavailable, but our staff are happy to browse for you! Call us and let us know what you like, what types of materials you need, and how many items you’d like, and we’ll pick out a collection for you or your family. You can also fill out the Find Your Next Book form and we’ll select some materials for you to pick-up through Curbside JCPL-to-Go.
JCPL’s free Wi-Fi access will continue to be open to anyone with a wireless device in all JCPL parking lots. Residents can use the service 24-hours-a-day from inside their vehicle or use one of the picnic tables located outside all branches.
Patrons can request materials online or by calling their branch. Full details of how to use Curbside JCPL-to-Go service are available here. Community members who need a library card can apply for one here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Due to the significant increase in COVID-19 cases in Johnson County, JCPL is prioritizing the health and safety of our staff and patrons.
What can you expect when you visit our buildings?
- Signage and staff will greet you as you enter to let you know expectations for each phase of our reopening plan. We respectfully ask for your understanding as we navigate these changes.
- Social distancing is required! Please maintain a six-foot distance between our staff and other patrons. You can expect to see floor markers and signage requesting your help.
- Computers are available by appointment. Computer usage is limited to 30 minutes per day. A limited number of computers are available, as we have reconfigured spaces for social distancing. We have measures in place for staff to assist you from a distance.
- We have implemented an enhanced cleaning schedule and hygiene protocols to help you stay healthy! High-touch surfaces are disinfected routinely based on CDC recommendations.
o Our staff wear masks to protect you. We require patrons over the age of two (2) who can medically tolerate masks to wear one while in the building. If you do not have one, masks are available free at the desk
o If you are feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms, please stay home and save your visit for another day, our staff does the same. JCPL staff are asked to monitor all symptoms each day before reporting to work, and have signed statements agreeing to stay home in case of symptoms of illness
o We quarantine recently returned materials for 72 hours before reshelving
o Soap, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available
o Sneeze guards have been installed at all service points
o Signage is posted on the importance of clean hands and good respiratory etiquette
We are phasing in library services to allow us to reopen responsibly. The following activities will return later:
- Toys, games, Kid Kits, children’s computers and other interactives. Please reassure your children that these items will come back as soon as possible.
- In-person programming: Virtual programming continues!
- Community Room/Study Room Use Suspended as of December 9, 2020
Chat Live with a staff member, or text your questions to 317-900-4LIB (4542). Questions can also be emailed to Ask_us@jcplin.org A staff person will reply to you in 24 hours or less.
JCPL's online services have been expanded for you! Patrons are encouraged to use the library's extensive catalog of digital resources, including e-books, e-audiobooks, magazines, movies, music and more. Residents of the JCPL district who do not have a card are encouraged to apply for a card online; staff will process your card and send you a card number for online access as quickly as possible.