We know how important computer access is for essentials tasks like filing your taxes or working on resumes. Computers will be available starting June 1 by appointment only during regular business hours. Patrons are limited to 30 minutes per day. In order to schedule your appointment, please call your branch and speak to a staff member.
- Clark Pleasant Branch: 317-535-6206
- Franklin Branch: 317-738-2833
- Trafalgar Branch: 317-878-9560
- White River Branch: 317-885-1330
JCPL'S PHASED RE-OPENING PLAN
According to Governor Holcomb’s Back on Track Indiana plan, public libraries in Indiana can phase in services according to local needs, staff capacity and the community’s situation. Since JCPL locations closed to the public on March 16, our staff have worked to provide library services in new ways, including Wi-Fi access in our parking lots, Ask-a-Librarian services via email, chat, and phone, document delivery, virtual programming, enhanced digital resources and more. JCPL is excited to phase in additional services and committed to doing so in a responsible and measured way for the safety of our staff and patrons
With the onset of Phase 2 of Back on Track Indiana, JCPL began offering contactless curbside pick-up at all four of our branches. This service will continue throughout the summer to provide access to the collection to our most vulnerable members of the community. Over the last few weeks, we’ve taken this opportunity to put into place measures and procedures to ensure the safety of both our staff and our patrons. We’re excited to announce our projected phased reopening plan for the summer. While we’re eager to open our doors to the public, we believe it is important to do our part to prevent a resurgence of COVID-19, and are moving carefully and responsibly to provide the safest environment for our patrons and staff.
Please be aware. All dates are subject to change based on the health conditions of our community.
JCPL closely monitors CDC guidelines in order to establish safety procedures. Below are some steps we are taking to minimize the risk for our staff and patrons:
SAFETY OF OUR PATRONS AND STAFF
- Posting safety guidelines at our entrances
- Enhanced cleaning schedule of all high-touch surfaces
- Quarantining all returned materials for 72 hours before discharging and reshelving
- Providing hand sanitizing stations in the branches along with hand soap in all restrooms
o All staff and patrons are encouraged to practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Providing contactless Curbside JCPL-to-Go service
- Enacting social distancing procedures to maintain at least a six-foot distance between people
- Requiring staff to monitor their health and wellness before reporting to work
- Altering methods of service to adhere to social distancing requirements
- Requiring all staff and patrons to wear masks
- Cancelling programs and community room reservations through the summer
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR OUR STAFF
- Providing written procedures for new service models
- All employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program to provide confidential support and guidance for emotional and financial concerns
- Establishing additional flexibility in our leave policy
- Vulnerable employees are eligible for work accommodations
- To minimize exposure, we are delaying reopening to implement extra security measures
The United Way of Johnson County has created this special website page in an attempt to keep the community updated on the Johnson County health and human services agencies as it relates to the COVID-19 virus. Provides daily updates for area social service agencies, community meal locations, school based meals, and utilities.
In addition to phone calls, the library's chat reference will be available Monday-Sunday during regular library hours. Chat Live with a staff member, or text your questions to 317-900-4LIB (4542). Questions can also be emailed to Ask_us@jcplin.org A staff person will reply to you in 24 hours or less.
JCPL's online services have been expanded for you! Patrons are encouraged to use the library's extensive catalog of digital resources during the closure, including e-books, e-audiobooks, magazines, movies, music and more. During the closure, patrons will be able to checkout 12 items a month from our Hoopla service (instead of the usual 6). We have also temporarily expanded the selection of items in our Cloud Library e-book service. Residents of the JCPL district who do not have a card are encouraged to apply for a card online; staff will process your card and send you a card number for online access as quickly as possible.