JCPL Branches are open during normal service hoursThis response plan was updated on August 5, 2021.
The CDC recommends that all people wear a mask indoors in high transmission areas. Per CDC guidelines, and for the safety of all visitors, non-vaccinated patrons should wear masks in the library or while attending any in-person program. We respectfully ask for your cooperation.
JCPL-to-Your-DoorUnable to come to the library due to illness, disability or quarantine? No problem: JCPL will come to you! Click here to read about our contactless delivery option.
Community Room/Study Room use has resumed on a limited basis. Groups may now reserve the meeting or study rooms at all of our Branches or the Library Services Center. Learn more
Document Services/Wireless Access
We continue to offer document services (copying, printing, scanning, faxing) in-house or via Curbside JCPL-to-Go for no contact delivery of your requested material. Need to send a print job? Click here
JCPL’s free Wi-Fi access will continue to be open to anyone with a wireless device in all JCPL parking lots. Residents can use the service 24-hours-a-day from inside their vehicle or use one of the picnic tables located outside all branches.
Curbside JCPL-to-GoPatrons can request materials online or by calling their branch. Full details of how to use Curbside JCPL-to-Go service are available here. Our staff are happy to browse for you too! Call us and let us know what you like, what types of materials you need, and how many items you’d like, and we’ll pick out a collection for you or your family. You can also fill out the Find Your Next Book form and we’ll select some materials for you to pick-up through Curbside JCPL-to-Go.
Community members who need a library card can apply for one here.
COVID-19 VaccineNeed assistance scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine? JCPL can help! Find out more
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
JCPL is prioritizing the health and safety of our staff and patrons.
What can you expect when you visit our buildings?
- Signage and staff will greet you as you enter to let you know expectations for each phase of our reopening plan. We respectfully ask for your understanding as we navigate these changes.
- Social distancing is required! Please maintain a six-foot distance between our staff and other patrons. You can expect to see floor markers and signage requesting your help.
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Computer usage is unlimited per day. A limited number of computers are available, as we have reconfigured spaces for social distancing. We have measures in place for staff to assist you from a distance.
- We have implemented an enhanced cleaning schedule and hygiene protocols to help you stay healthy! High-touch surfaces are disinfected routinely based on CDC recommendations.
o Per CDC guidelines, and for the safety of all visitors, non-vaccinated patrons should wear masks in the library or while attending any in-person program. We respectfully ask for your cooperation. If you do not have one, masks are available free at the desk
o If you are feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms, please stay home and save your visit for another day, our staff does the same. JCPL staff are asked to monitor all symptoms each day before reporting to work, and have signed statements agreeing to stay home in case of symptoms of illness
o Soap, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available
o Sneeze guards have been installed at all service points
o Signage is posted on the importance of clean hands and good respiratory etiquette
We are phasing in library services to allow us to reopen responsibly. The following activities will return later:
- Toys, games, Kid Kits, children’s computers and other interactives will be phased in beginning June 24. Please reassure your children that these items will come back as soon as possible.
- In-person programming: Virtual programming continues!
- Community Room/Study Room Use Resumes on a Limited Basis
Chat Live with a staff member, or text your questions to 317-900-4LIB (4542). Questions can also be emailed to Ask_us@jcplin.org A staff person will reply to you in 24 hours or less.
JCPL's online services have been expanded for you! Patrons are encouraged to use the library's extensive catalog of digital resources, including e-books, e-audiobooks, magazines, movies, music and more. Residents of the JCPL district who do not have a card are encouraged to apply for a card online; staff will process your card and send you a card number for online access as quickly as possible.